In conjunction with our Project Management service offering, WKN typically also act as Contract Administrator (or Employers Representative, depending on the Form of Contract) for the majority of our private and public sector projects.
WKN have vast experience in contract management across all the main Forms of Contract, including RIAI, GCCC, FIDIC and NEC. WKN exert a lot of effort in providing Value Add to the process of drafting the Contract Clauses and Obligations, via proactive and regular engagement with the Clients appointed solicitors during the pre-contract stage.
Detailed list of Contract Administration functions, carried out in an impartial manner, include:
- ensure that the Client and Contactor contractual obligations are maintained, in particular with regard to the mandated timescales for the issue of information and response to;
- issuing instructions to vary, modify or omit some element(s) of Contract;
- monitor compliance of works on-site;
- authorising the expenditure of Provisional Sums, in consultation with the PQS;
- carry out inspections to facilitate issuing of final PC Certificate/Defects Cert;
- record progress and make contemporaneous records, to protect the client from in the event of EOT’s or delay and prolongation claims;
- certifying payment/issuing Interim Certificates of Payment to the Contractor;
- engage with the Clients solicitors, in assisting the Building Contract drafting, to assist and bring lessons learned to the project, with regards to specific clauses/clause wordings, and associated or consequential risk arising thereon.