In 2008 WK Nowlan were engaged by the Redemptorists to undertake a masterplan of their 3.28 ha. site on Orwell Road, Rathgar, Dublin. The brief was to secure planning permission for a new monastery on the northern side of the site, while securing cross funding and capital release from the southern side of the site via a planning permission for private residential scheme (to be sold).
In 2010 a seven year planning permission was secured for both schemes. Due to the downturn in the property market, sale of the private residential scheme was postponed until mid-2015, when WK Nowlan successfully sold the entire site in excess of €40m. Due to a change of objectives within the Redemptorists, it was decided that alternative locations would be secured for all functions housed in Marianella.
Key Aspects of WK Nowlan Role:
- Strategic review and reporting
- Brief development – to meet internal objectives
- Design team procurement and management
- Local authority planning and An Bord Pleanala appeals management
- Public relations, media relations and stakeholder management
- ‘Ready for Sale’ due diligences including, technical, title and regulatory compliances
- Marketing and promotion, including sales data-room and websites
- Disposal and conveyance management, including bidder qualification, 1st and 2nd round bidding processes and shortlist bidder due-diligences
- Preparation of application to the Charity Regulatory Authority
- Preparation of application to Rome for consent of sale
- Alternative accommodation identification, lease terms negotiation and acquisitions
- Relocation project management – external and internal team assembly
- Multi-branch relocation – residential, office, public archive, closed archive and library
- Residential and office accommodation design, contractor procurement and management
The Redemptorists’ strategic objectives were met through the successful disposal of the real estate asset and successful relocation of all functions from Marianella to multiple locations throughout the city within the agreed programme limits.
For further information please visit: www.wkn.ie/sales/marianella