The site has extensive frontage to Temple Road, Blackrock, and is approximately 350m south-east of Blackrock Village. The lands are bounded to the east by St. Vincent’s Park (residential), to the west by the Alzheimer’s Society of Ireland National Office’s (built on land donated by the Daughters of Charity), St. Louise’s Park and Barclay Court, with Rockfield public park to the South.
St. Teresa’s House and Gate Lodge together with the original entrance gates to the property are protected structures. St Teresa’s House, originally known as ‘Craigmore’ is a Victorian residence dating from 1862. It has a façade of five bays and two storey over basement. Other features include the granite porch with ionic columns and curved gable bay windows.
Adjoining St. Teresa’s House are several vacant buildings which were developed at various stages from 1950 onwards. These buildings have been unoccupied for many years and were formerly associated with St Teresa’s School which closed in 1988 when it amalgamated with St Augustine’s School, Obelisk Park, Blackrock.