WK Nowlan are retained by the Holy Faith Sisters as property advisors and have been engaged to deliver a number of capital projects and property disposals on the Order’s behalf. The Holy Faith Sisters engaged WK Nowlan to undertake a brief development process, to deliver a new state-of-the-art spirituality centre at their convent site in Glasnevin, Dublin 11.
The engagement scope sought the assembly and management of a project team for the design, planning, tendering and construction phases of the project. The project provided a significant number of access restrictions and 3rd party health and safety matters which required intense on-site management on a daily basis (functioning nursing home, convent, primary and secondary schools).
Scope of Services
- Client brief development
- Design team assembly and management
- Planning process management
- Tender process management
- Client development representation (design, tender and construction phases)
- Value engineering and cost analysis
- Legal due-diligence Stakeholders and conservation review and management
- Client reporting and risk mitigation/management
- 3rd party stakeholder engagement supervision
- External property division (broadened engagement)
The spirituality centre is now known as the Margaret Aylward Centre and was completed on time and on budget. The centre opened for commercial operations approximately one month following completion of the project. Due to the bespoke design of the structure, we understand that the property will be shortlisted for an architectural award.