Project Value: €10m
WK Nowlan led a multidisciplinary design team. The team brief, working from previous sustainable master-plans, was to create an enhanced landscape of farm and garden activities; eco structures and buildings that make a positive contribution to the unique ‘Airfield experience’; conservation works that will strengthen the architectural character of the existing building stock and the development of sustainable and energy efficient designs based on passive measures. The project was completed in late 2013.
As well as new entrances and car parks, the scheme included a new shop and entrance pavilion, new waterside restaurant, new facilities for education, car display, new horticultural and cooking demonstration areas, and a new farmyard complex. In addition the main house has been restored.
Scope of services:
- Advised upon and developed a client brief
- Assembled a multi-disciplined design team to further develop the master plan concept and prepared a detailed planning submission
- Planning permission secured without appeal
- Project completion late 2013
- “New Airfield” opened October 2013
- Project leadership
- Client brief and strategy development
- Assembly, appointment and management of master-plan team
- Stakeholder management
- Asset management and property rationalisation